- Responsible for quoting prices of products to predetermined margin or quantity level as defined by department delegation of authority.
- Initiate quotes for all publishes and unpublished prices on all products
- Accurately process customer quotations ensuring all aspects of requisition match with data in the Materials Resource Planning (MRP) system and other resources.
- Carefully determine customer requirements on Request for Quotation (RFQs), drawings, specifications, quality requirements, and bills of material.
- Reads and interpret drawings, both proprietary and customer supplied.
- Work with customers and sales to provide quotations for requested jobs in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with other departments obtaining accurate information on component costs, labor costs, availability, lead time and other items related to quotation.
- Recognize and resolve issues with the assistance of the customer, applications engineering, engineering and sales team; seek solutions for customer requirements that are beneficial to the customer and Company
- Maintain accurate paperwork and job files to facilitate smooth transition to other departments. Thoroughly document all research and calculations for RFQs
- Understand and calculate estimated profitability.
- Handle customer inquiries in a competent and courteous manner; exercise cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Forward technical support issues to appropriate team
- Promptly raise issues to management along with potential solutions.
- Create and maintain long term relationships with customers.
- Any special considerations or technical needs requested by the customer or sales team will be discussed with the order fulfillment manager,
product management team, and/or general manager.
- Enters all data into the appropriate data base and follows up on previously submitted jobs to track
success rate and to measure win/loss ratios.
- Develop tools to decrease quote turnaround time.
- Accurately process quotations in timely manner
- Provide work direction to others performing quotation tasks
- Ensure all issues are communicated and promptly resolved; communicate escalated issues to management as needed
- Interface with peers and other departments to ensure communication and maintain good work flow and job prioritization.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks in parallel.
We very much hope that you are interested in the vacancy and looking forward to receiving your completed application.Nancy Bordick ,