Your tasksAPPLICATION ENGINEERING
- Collects and analyses Market Information (Marketing Intelligence).
- Creates and implements Business Cases.
- Defines the positioning of a product (Marketing Mix).
- Collects required information for product development projects (project orders), supporting product development projects, as appropriate.
- Supports product launches, Coaching H+S Application Engineers / Sales forces by providing clear guide lines and trainings (e.g. WebEx).
- Supports Sales Promotion Initiatives in sales organizations, at customer sites, exhibitions, etc.
- Supports to create Product presentations, trainings.
- Maintains strong interfacing with other functions in RF division and H+S globally (e.g. PM/MM, R+D, sales organizations, distributors).
- Active participates in the various reviews, planning meetings and monthly reporting.
- Adheres and ensures others adhere to all regulations and guidelines contained in the Global Management System.
- Leads and supervises Application Engineering Team of H+S Astrolab.
- Develops and motivates the Mechanical, Electrical and RF Engineering organization and team to meet and exceed expectations through effective selection, communication, training, performance management and reward and recognition processes and succession planning.
- Manages throughput for connector development and design projects, Engineering Change Notices, and daily Engineering Department function.
- Responsible to implement and effectively manage the objectives, projects and tasks.
- Works to provide necessary tools and methods, measure performance based upon KPI’s and continuously improve on product and process level.
- Effectively manages and implements all aspects of the AS9100 and ISO 9001Quality Management System within the connector product development and test functions of the Engineering Department.
- Works to ensure full compliance with legal and business requirements, with relevant standards, work-safety with the assistance of legal advisors where necessary.
- Adheres to all regulations and guidelines contained within the Global Management System.
- Strong interfacing with all members of the Engineering Department.
- Active involvement in weekly Engineering Management and Staff Review Meetings.
- Provides technical guidance to the connector product Engineering team.
- Responsible for the resource and priority planning for documentation requests and connector product development projects.
- Represents the organization at customer or supplier meetings as required.
Product Management Oversight
- Analysing market, customer and competitor research to understand market characteristics and opportunities.
- Identifying and targeting market segments, buyer and users (incl. understanding of buying decision process).
- Tracking market drivers such as technology developments and changes to legislation.
- Initiating and sponsoring competitive research, tracking competitor activity, gathering feedback from sales and other channels. Understanding competitor’s strengths, weaknesses and direction.
- Addressing and concretizing new ideas in a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Analysing and building propositions for the products, in close co-operation with R&D.
- Producing variants/product application scenarios for different target market segments, buyer and user profiles.
- Compiling business cases based on input from Market Management and Sales Organisation (including forecasts and financial analysis) as a basis for investment and resource allocation decision.
- Developing product portfolio strategy, roadmaps/plans and implementing together with Market Management and Development. This includes portfolio positioning, release planning, stakeholder management and internal/external communication.
- Manage the project portfolio within the gatekeeper community according business strategy and product roadmaps.
- Developing pricing strategy and tactics as well as leading IN/OUT-Licensing approaches.
- Reviewing regular reports on product performance, tracking key performance indicators (KPIs) such as
revenue, margins, market share and supply chain performance.
- Enabling and advising the organization to deliver the product:
Gathering, analysing, prioritizing and documenting product requirements.
Defining users (markets, customers) and use scenarios (applications) and demonstrate product
Providing product context for developers
Finalizing requirements with Product Development by making feature and design trade-offs
Manage sampling procedures with customers and ensure customer feedback is heard (with MM/AE)
Managing the roll-out of the product within the business
Communications and training to all appropriate areas
Ensure Life cycle appropriate supply chain setup and inventory levels, etc.
Helping operations to define ideal production locations
- Enabling and advising the organization to sell the product:
Creating and running launch and go-to-market plans
(incl. accountable sales forces, timing, training & communication and momentum building
across the business)
Creating product promotion plans and campaigns and tracking effectiveness
(incl. lead generation, acquisition, retention, market communications)
Writing and developing sales and sales support material, together with R&D and/or Marketing
Communications (Case studies, FAQs, white-papers, videos, illustrations, training, websites, sales
tools and presentations)
Supporting sales calls by presenting at user groups, sales and channel events as the product
Answering product related questions and defining actions to sorting out product issues
- Adheres to all regulations and guidelines contained in the Global Management System.
- Provides leadership and management according to the H+S leadership principles.
- Complies with company policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements department policies or procedures.
- Maintains metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, or training records.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of department members.
- Provides supervisory oversight to employees, including scheduling, PTO approval, timekeeping and payroll.
- Manages and directs the team in respect of workload, orientation, training and personal development.
- Positive and proactive communication with company customers as well as other H+S units.
- Resolves department and interdepartmental issues collaboratively.
- Trains department personnel in roles or responsibilities regarding global and local strategies.
- Implements all management directives as specified and fully supports all management directives.
- Performs yearly performance appraisals.
Your perspectiveSupporting Product Management with:
- Understands who our (potential) customers are and which products / systems for which applications they are manufacturing and selling.
- Understands what competencies we require to successfully serve the customers.
- Systematically determines and analyzes the actual and the future requirements of our Target Customers, and knows the Market Potential of our actual and future products.
- Knows which actual and future technologies are being applied in our Target Market and by Target Customers, as well as by competitors.
- Knows which products at what price level our competitors are selling to Target Customers.
- Deriving conclusions, decisions and proposing corresponding actions to Product Management (such as new product development projects, product re-launches, cost reduction programs, etc.).
We very much hope that you are interested in the vacancy and we look forward to receiving your completed application.Nancy Bordick ,