- Responsible for the transfer of electrical schematic designs to electro-mechanical assemblies.
- To ensure that the generation of detailed drawings are suitable for manufacture.
- To manage the creation of the Bill of Materials (BoM) details for production.
- Responsible for project related back-end bid management and bid submission for CoMo business.
- Provide support to production with issues that occur during the manufacture.
- To ensure that support is given to essential design changes.
- To carry out risk analysis and contribute to test documents.
- To generate 3D models and 2D drawings for component level drawings using PDM.
- Maintain high level of professional expertise through familiarity with current technology and competitive products, also by attendance of applicable seminars, shows and meetings.
- Evaluate research tools, emerging technology and coordinate supplier relations.
- Provide support in system acceptance testing and validation activities.
- Provides support to Internal sales, External sales and Project teams on CoMo enquiries
- To ensure that all internal processes are supported with process documents, work instructions and workmanship standards as appropriate.
- To implement ongoing cost reduction programs within engineering, focusing on process improvement, cycle time reduction and automated processes.
- To liaise with other HUBER+SUHNER manufacturing sites world-wide to implement common production process and standards in line with customer needs and the company strategy as a world class global supplier.
- To identify the training requirements of the engineering group to meet both personal development and the needs of the company.
- Aid the sales team on customer visits and by attendance of first-in-class installations.
- Ensure compliance with all company procedures and policies.
- Any other ad hoc duties as and when required.
Your perspectiveA Global player in the connectivity market, offering a top quartile benefits package to a top quartile candidate
We very much hope that you are interested in the vacancy and we look forward to receiving your completed application.James Thompson, HR Director - Northern Europe