Summary of Key responsibilities
Application Engineering acts as a technical contact for FAEs, customer service and internal sales teams, collects and reviews requirements and application information, identifies promising business opportunities, proposes solutions and handles the non-standard inquiries in its entirety as Coordinator. Application Engineering also provides required information to create quotes and handles packages comprising different HUBER+SUHNER products.
Boundaries of responsibilities and interaction with others
- Initiates and coordinates application engineering projects with the relevant group policies (approval levels).
- Builds and maintains a close relationship with the Sales and Customer Service teams and Application Engineers in the group companies, distributors and agents
- Supports PM+MM Mgmt for customer visits to provide customer support and gain knowledge about our customers applications
- Escalates inquiries if required to the level of the responsible product management (Product Change / New Product Development Process)
- Provides customer input to Product development projects within HUBER+SUHNER
- Handles technical inquiries while providing a high level of support (technical, administrative, etc.) to our customers.
- Proposes and quotes “fit for purpose” solutions
- Transfers specific customer needs into appropriate product applications (Design-In) and initiate and coordinate application engineering projects
- Coordinates application projects towards HUBER+SUHNER’s customers
- Remains up-to-date with the latest techniques and technologies
- Represents HUBER+SUHNER at technical seminars and exhibitions for internal and external product training.
- Provides recommendations to key customers with regards to solutions (focusing on differentiations)
- Initiates and supports cost reduction initiatives for existing products (lead @ PM)
- Support Field Application Engineers who are recommending appropriate HUBER+SUHNER products to customers.
- Fully understands engineering documentation on applications, specifications and quality matters
- Assists in the exchange of technical information between Field Applications Engineers, H+S Astrolab Inc. and other H+S group members for all HUBER+SUHNER products
- Acts as a technical contact for customer service at the sales location
- Maintains customer records
- Emphasizes product features based on analysis of customers’ needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities
- Adheres to all regulations and guidelines contained in the HUBER+SUHENR and H+S Astrolab Quality Systems
- Collaborates with sales teams to understand customer requirements, to promote the sale of company products, and to provide sales support.
- Confers with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements.
- Prepares and deliver technical presentations that explain products or services to customers and prospective customers.
- Develops, presents, or responds to proposals for specific customer requirements, including request for proposal responses and industry-specific solutions.
- Keeps informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments.
- Writes technical documentation for products.
- Conducts employee assessments/reviews
- Generates KPI reports
- Prioritizes pending AE-led quotations
- Performs Designation of Authority (DOA) on quotations according to terms.
- Performs all other relevant duties as requested.
- Must have the physical and mental abilities needed to perform all essential tasks listed; reasonable accommodations may be made to help the job holder perform essential tasks.
- Must be able to work and respond well under sometimes stressful and demanding work conditions.
- Excessive sitting and keyboarding
Primary office location:
- Warren, NJ.
- This positions requires up to 40% of domestic/international travel
We very much hope that you are interested in the vacancy and we look forward to receiving your completed application.Nancy Bordick ,