Main tasks, duties, authorization limits and deputy functions:
- Directly responsible for ensuring all quality standards for products are met prior to shipment to Huber+Suhner.
- Collect and evaluate supplier quality data to identify process improvement opportunities within the supply chain
- Uses advanced problem-solving skills to Investigate, conducts tests or experiments in resolving product performance issues. Conducts thorough root cause investigation and is responsible to drive implementation of corrective action and preventive measures.
- Identify repeat quality issues by supplier and develop an improvement plan
- Work with suppliers to identify / address root causes, and create corrective action plans, and ensure projects are driven to completion
- Makes independent risk-based decision when faced with releasing non-conforming products.
- Employ 8D 5Why's and other Lean tools to enhance Supplier Quality and productivity. Participate in Lean activities including Kaizen events, 6S audits.
- Evaluate our current-state approach and results and define and implement innovative approaches to improve quality through the introduction of new technologies, systems, methods and controls.
- Participate in ongoing process improvement efforts to ensure design, manufacturing and quality methodologies are effective, efficient, standardized and integrated
- Efficient use of risk management tools, statistical methods, design and process control activities, and sound verification and validation test planning to help drive quality upfront in new product development.
- Maintain Supplier Quality metrics and report to the Management Team
- Perform Supplier Source Inspections were required
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation, utilizing knowledge in mechanical and electrical engineering fields.
- Devises sampling procedures and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Support efforts to facilitate quality systems compliance and certifications.
- Compiles and writes training material, SOP’s, and Inspection Criteria as required.
- Conduct internal Quality system audits and be involved with CAPA projects.
- Conduct training sessions on quality control activities to help develop skills of other team members.
- Must have the physical and mental abilities needed to perform all essential tasks listed; reasonable accommodations may be made to help the job holder perform essential tasks.
- Must be able to work well and respond well under sometimes stressful and demanding work conditions.
- Must be able to work well with others and department personnel.
We very much hope that you are interested in the vacancy and we look forward to receiving your completed application.Nancy Bordick ,