Summary of Key responsibilities
Boundaries of responsibilities and interaction with others
- Directly responsible for ensuring all quality standards for products are met prior to shipment to customer.
- Uses advanced problem solving skills to Investigate, conducts tests or experiments in resolving product performance issues. Conducts thorough root cause investigation and is responsible to drive implementation of corrective action and preventive measures.
- Directly responsible for customer complaint reduction of Huber Suhner products.
- Monitor, review, approve or reject supplier, internal and external corrective actions.
- Perform verification and effectiveness reviews of corrective actions
- Coordinate and facilitate Customer Source Inspections
- Makes independent risk based decision when faced with releasing non-conforming products.
- Lead ongoing process improvement efforts to ensure design, manufacturing and quality methodologies are effective, efficient, standardized and integrated.
- Employ 8D 5Why's and other Lean tools to enhance Quality and productivity. Participate in Lean activities including Kaizen events, 6S audits.
- Initiate and lead efforts in implementing poka-yoke tools and fixtures in production line to build quality products which eliminate customer complaints.
- Evaluate our current-state approach and results, and define and implement innovative approaches to improve quality through the introduction of new technologies, systems, methods and controls.
- Participate in ongoing process improvement efforts to ensure design, manufacturing and quality methodologies are effective, efficient, standardized and integrated
- Efficient use of risk management tools, statistical methods, design and process control activities, and sound verification and validation test planning to help drive quality upfront in new product development.
- Perform AS9102 or equivalent FAIRs for customers
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation, utilizing knowledge in mechanical and electrical engineering fields.
- Devises sampling procedures and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Support efforts to facilitate quality systems compliance and certifications.
- Compiles and writes training material, SOP’s, and QC Criteria as required.
- Conduct internal Quality system audits and be involved with CAPA projects.
- Conduct training sessions on quality control activities to help develop skills
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Must have the physical and mental abilities needed to perform all essential tasks listed; reasonable accommodations may be made to help the job holder perform essential tasks. Must be able to work and respond well under sometimes stressful and demanding work conditions
We very much hope that you are interested in the vacancy and we look forward to receiving your completed application.Nancy Bordick ,