Main tasks, duties, authorization limits and deputy functions:
- Observe machine operation to detect workpiece defects or machine malfunctions, adjusting machines as necessary.
- Set up and operate machines, such as lathes, cutters, shears, borers, millers, grinders, presses, drills, and auxiliary machines, to make metallic and plastic workpieces.
- Inspect workpieces for defects, and measure workpieces to determine accuracy of machine operation, using rules, templates, or other measuring instruments.
- Read mechanical drawings or job orders to determine product specifications and tooling instructions and to plan operational sequences.
- Start machines and turn handwheels or valves to engage feeding, cooling, and lubricating mechanisms.
- Select, install, and adjust alignment of drills, cutters, dies, guides, and holding devices, using templates, measuring instruments, and hand tools.
- Move controls or mount gears, cams, or templates in machines to set feed rates and cutting speeds, depths, and angles.
- Perform minor machine maintenance, such as oiling or cleaning machines, dies, or workpieces, or adding coolant to machine reservoirs
- Change worn machine accessories, such as cutting tools and brushes, using hand tools. .
- Record operational data such as pressure readings, lengths of strokes, feed rates, and speeds.
- Remove burrs, sharp edges, rust, or scale from workpieces, using files, hand grinders, wire brushes, or power tools.
- Select the proper coolants and lubricants and start their flow.
- Physical/Mental Abilities: Must have the physical and mental abilities needed to perform all essential tasks listed; reasonable accommodations may be made to help the job holder perform essential tasks.
- Must be able to work and respond well under sometimes stressful and demanding work conditions.
We very much hope that you are interested in the vacancy and we look forward to receiving your completed application.Nancy Bordick ,