Main tasks, duties, authorization limits and deputy functions:
- Responsible for quoting prices of products to predetermined margin or quantity level as defined by department delegation of authority.
- Initiate quotes for all publishes and unpublished prices on all products
- Accurately process customer quotations ensuring all aspects of requisition match with data in the Materials Resource Planning (MRP) system and other resources.
- Carefully determine customer requirements on Request for Quotation (RFQs), drawings, specifications, quality requirements, and bills of material.
- Reads and interpret drawings, both proprietary and customer supplied.
- Work with customers and sales to provide quotations for requested jobs in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with other departments obtaining accurate information on component costs, labor costs, availability, lead time and other items related to quotation.
- Recognize and resolve issues with the assistance of the customer, applications engineering, engineering and sales team; seek solutions for customer requirements that are beneficial to the customer and Company
- Maintain accurate paperwork and job files to facilitate smooth transition to other departments. Thoroughly document all research and calculations for RFQs
- Understand and calculate estimated profitability.
- Handle customer inquiries in a competent and courteous manner; exercise cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Forward technical support issues to appropriate team
- Promptly raise issues to management along with potential solutions.
- Create and maintain long term relationships with customers.
- Any special considerations or technical needs requested by the customer or sales team will be discussed with a manager, product management team, and/or general manager.
- Enters all data into the appropriate data base and follows up on previously submitted jobs to track success rate and to measure win/loss ratios.
- Develop tools to decrease quote turnaround time.
- Accurately process quotations in timely manner
- Provide work direction to others performing quotation tasks
- Ensure all issues are communicated and promptly resolved; communicate escalated issues to management as needed
- Interface with peers and other departments to ensure communication and maintain good work flow and job prioritization.
- Keep record of customer transactions, details of inquiries, complaints, etc.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks in parallel.
- Tracks and manages open orders and orders that have not yet delivered to accounts; manage blanket and standing orders
- Accurately processes customer orders ensuring all aspects of the order match with data in the Materials Resource Planning (MRP) system and other database resources; research and resolve discrepancies.
- Reviews and approves orders using the four eye rule
- Thoroughly documents all communication on orders
- Thoroughly documents all non-complaints and complaints; forward technical support issues to appropriate team
- Maintains an understanding of officially authorized requirements that pertain to the business they support
- Informs customers of back orders/out-of-stock and other issues hampering complete and on time order fulfillment and provide anticipated date for resolution
- Establishes and implements team processes and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
Your perspectivePhysical/Mental Abilities:
- Must have the physical and mental abilities needed to perform all essential tasks listed; reasonable accommodations may be made to help the job holder perform essential tasks. Must be able to work and respond well under sometimes stressful and demanding work conditions.
We very much hope that you are interested in the vacancy and we look forward to receiving your completed application.Nancy Bordick ,