Summary of Key responsibilities
Boundaries of responsibilities and interaction with others
- Data collection and organization support of department with data analysis in SAP business system
- Projects as assigned by Cost Accounting colleague and department management
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Assist accounting department in monthly closing and duty coverage
- Cost accounting support via data extraction, review and summary to Cost Accountant. Entry support.
- Assist with file creation & tailoring in support of inventory analysis and obsolescence review
- Product cost exception review and correction
- Key metric data capture, trend & tracking and related sub analysis
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and analysis, understanding the contents and assuring completeness and accuracy
- Prepare roll forwards for selected accounts and ad-hoc account analysis
- Assist monthly closing process, completion and posting of journal entries, schedules, and reports
- Prepare monthly account analyses for assigned accounts
- Assist and support preparation of finance department Excel spreadsheets (financial/expense analysis)
- As needed, assist Payroll journals via ensuring correct department, cost center, or GL account coding for staffing agency invoices. As needed, file staffing agency invoices and assist with processing of invoices.
- Payroll related, as needed – payroll related journal entries, invoices, and month end accruals related to personnel expenses (payroll, staffing agency, benefits)
- As needed, enter outgoing payments related to personnel expenses (payroll, agency, 401K, benefits)
- Support accountant filings/analysis of Sales and Use tax for applicable jurisdictions
- Assist and support year end and interim audit procedures; prepare documents for auditor’s reviews
- All other relevant duties as assigned
- Must have the physical and mental abilities needed to perform all essential tasks listed; reasonable accommodations may be made to help the job holder perform essential tasks. Must be able to work and respond well under sometimes stressful and demanding work conditions.
We very much hope that you are interested in the vacancy and we look forward to receiving your completed application.Nancy Bordick ,