Main purpose, tasks & responsibilitiesMain purpose
Credit and Collections Clerk III will apply principles of accounting to the processing of Accounts Receivable. Responsible to ensure that all customer accounts are maintained by daily invoicing & weekly collection calls. Specialize in “Billing,” as a core competency. Provide the Director Finance with accurate information for financial statement reporting.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Oversee the billing function on a daily basis while ensuring that all customer invoices are generated and sent to the customer.
- Review daily cash receipts and A/R related discounts or fees.
- Reconcile all credit card accounts and resolve any issues.
- Ensure all credit card accounts are reviewed and charged in a timely fashion.
- Make collection calls to customers and solve collection problems.
- Coordinate delivery of statements to customers.
- Run reports out of the SAP system to analyze accounts receivable and cash.
- Maintain customer master data.
- Monitor customer credit limits, maintain block/unblock status.
- Enter Customer Invoices into respective Customer Portals for payment.
- Prepare monthly reporting related to Total A/R, allowance for bad debt, and past due accounts.
- Review accounts for necessary adjustments and submit for approval (i.e. freight, discounts, pricing, sales tax).
- Creation of new customer accounts.
- Support Customer Service and Sales departments.
- Respond to customer enquiries.
- Willingness to learn and grow with the business.
- Train for backup to cover all aspects of Finance group.
- Other assignments as required to support both accounting and administrative functions.
- Adhere to all regulations and guidelines contained in the Global Management System.
Physical/Mental AbilitiesMust have the physical and mental abilities needed to perform all essential tasks listed; reasonable accommodations may be made to help the job holder perform essential tasks. Must be able to work and respond well under sometimes stressful and demanding work conditions.
We very much hope that you are interested in the vacancy and we look forward to receiving your completed application.Yvonne Barney, Director, HR