About the Electronics Design Engineer roleIn this role, the job of the Electronics Design engineer is to develop electronics circuits and systems architectures to support product development of leading-edge technologies for the next generation of resilient optical switching products. This covers all aspects of the product lifecycle for the electronics components. The team is responsible for Analogue, Digital and Firmware development on the hardware platforms to support advanced feature sets required by the market.
You responsibilities will include:
- Deliver hardware design from concept through to successful delivery of product into manufacturing
- Implement DFM, DFT as needed to ensure a robust supply chain and manufacturing process
- Ensure adherence to the relevant Quality systems and Engineering processes
- HW Architecture and modelling
- Requirements capture
- Design & implementation of hardware design, using schematic capture, for both digital and analogue electronics.
- Validation testing and qualification of resilient hardware and firmware designs.
- Support assurance Engineer in Safety, EMC and other certification processes
- Support of other design areas during the product development lifecycle.
About HUBER+SUHNER PolatisWe offer a friendly and informal work environment in a prime location on the Cambridge Science Park, a competitive salary and annual bonus scheme, plus a range of benefits including private health care, non-contributory pension scheme, health shield cash back plan, and cycle to work scheme.
HUBER+SUHNER Polatis is the world leader in the design and manufacture of energy-efficient, all-optical switching solutions that connect optical fibres directly to make networks more flexible, agile and reliable. We offer a range of optical switching solutions which are used in a number of different markets including cyber surveillance, government systems, telecommunications, data center networks and oil and gas instrumentation.
Founded in 2005 as a result of the merger of leading optical technology companies from Massachusetts and the UK, the company is now part of the HUBER+SUHNER group Fiber Optics Division.
We very much hope that you are interested in the vacancy and we look forward to receiving your completed application.Bhumika Zhaveri Balla,