Main tasks and duties
H+S Astrolab quality management
- Oversees, manages and directs the activities of Receiving, In-Process, and Final Inspection personnel.
- Authors the Quality Control Manual, Quality Control Procedures, and Inspection Plans & Procedures.
- Responsible to maintain and direct an effective Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System (FRACAS).
- Responsible for defining and maintaining an Internal Audit Schedule in accordance with AS9100 and the Global Management System.
- Intimately familiar with Statistical Process Control (SPC) methods and techniques and responsible for the implementation of SPC metrics within the company.
- Represents the company at vendor and customer meetings and conferences as required.
- Maintains product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures and government requirements; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs and manufacturing and training methods.
- Develop new QC/inspection methods and metrics to meet internal requirements, customer specifications and industry specifications on both high-throughput and custom parts.
- Ensure that audits, both internally and externally, are performed, root causes determined, and corrective actions are followed through to correct and prevent any deficiencies and discrepancies observed.
- Ensure the Quality organization is a full partner in driving company / site initiatives and improving business operations performance.
- Establish and drive Quality initiatives that advance improvement in both delivery and cost, while aligned to Corporate Core Value Drivers and Business Unit KPIs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing professional networks; participating in professional societies.
- Promote employee development by actively engaging in coaching, mentoring, knowledge transfer, training, performance management and career development.
- All other relevant duties as assigned.
- Promotes and assures proactive and preventive process and quality management within the relevant organization.
- Supports the different teams in the Sales organization in the nomination of process managers and communicate changes to corporate PQM.
- Supports the local process managers and process owners that changes in GMS processes are implemented and the implementation is verified.
- Informs and supports process owner and process manager on specific Quality standard changes.
Sales A&D Quality Management
- Prepares, analyses and presents sales relevant Quality KPI’s to the sales management team. In the event of deviations from the target, define measures to achieve the objective together with the sales management.
- Defines and implements actions on sales level aligned with the segment roadmap for mid and long term quality improvement programs (e.g. Committed to Quality initiative).
- For external complaints he/she leads the co-ordination and communication between the customer and the internal organisations, makes first analysis, launches containment activities, and routes the complaint within the company according ORF01 process. Closes the complaint to achieve customer satisfaction.
- In case the complaint is caused by the sales organisation itself, supports all involved departments in sales for the root cause analysis and implementation of containment, corrective and preventive actions (8D).
- Organizes customer audits together with other organizations and chases needed follow up actions.
- Reports dotted line to SVP A&D Sales and provides a monthly report to sub-segment SVP.
- Supports the sales management team in preparing the annual management review.
- Ensures that customer portals for QEHS related topics are maintained together with other resources in the network.
- Co-ordinates the review of quality assurance agreements between customer and HUBER+SUHNER.
- Co-ordinates customer assessments, questionnaires and queries requested by customers related to QEHS.
- Supports segment and corporate PQM in internal audit and certification audits as needed.
- Supports customer projects in QEHS related topics: PPAP, FAI, APQP.
- Must be able to work and respond well under sometimes stressful and demanding work conditions
We very much hope that you are interested in the vacancy and we look forward to receiving your completed application.Nancy Bordick,