About the Principal Optomechanical Engineer
- You will be leading the expanding mechanical engineering team, developing the next generation of telecom wavelength-selective optical switches (WSSs).
- The role will cover all stages of product development, from requirements definition through concept generation, detailed design, prototyping and transfer to manufacture.
- It will also include developing experimental test systems to support the design and qualification of individual components and sub-systems, both optical and mechanical.
- You will assist with the sustainable growth of the mechanical engineering team, and be responsible for the day-to-day management and professional development of the team.
- You will further contribute to the generation and capture of intellectual property related to the Group’s optical switching technology.
About HUBER+SUHNER PolatisWe offer a friendly and informal work environment in a prime location on the Cambridge Science Park, a competitive salary and annual bonus scheme, plus a range of benefits including private health care, non-contributory pension scheme, health shield cash back plan, and cycle to work scheme.
HUBER+SUHNER Polatis is the world leader in the design and manufacture of energy-efficient, all-optical switching solutions that connect optical fibres directly to make networks more flexible, agile and reliable. We offer a range of optical switching solutions which are used in a number of different markets including cyber surveillance, government systems, telecommunications, data center networks and oil and gas instrumentation.
Founded in 2005 as a result of the merger of leading optical technology companies from Massachusetts and the UK, the company is now part of the HUBER+SUHNER group Fiber Optics Division.
We very much hope that you are interested in the vacancy and we look forward to receiving your completed application.Bhumika Zhaveri Balla,