Main targets and KPIs:
- Actively contribute to the overall On time delivery objective (DP1.1)
- Actively contribute to the overall Service Level objective (DP2.0)
- Actively contribute to the overall Inventory objective (Inventory turnover (ITO) and inventory provisions)
- Goods receiving and Warehouse shipping performance
- Overhead Cost efficiency
Summary of Key responsibilities
Boundaries of responsibilities and interaction with others
- Manages and plans for logistics policies, objectives, and initiatives.
- Creates procedures for logistics management to optimize product workflow and minimize cost.
- Selects vendors, negotiates agreements related to areas of responsibility.
- Ensures that quality, quantity, customer satisfaction, and financial commitments are met.
- Works closely with the Production team to ensure timely handover of goods to meet on time delivery.
- Sources and negotiates with parcel and freight carriers to optimize speed and cost.
- Performs metrics reporting and data analysis tasks to identify issues and opportunities for process improvements.
- Directs inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
- Provides a seamless and reliable materials supply to the different manufacturing areas.
- Actively uses Go-Lean Toolset (like 5S and SFM) to further improve the performance of the logistics area.
- Establishes a reliable and efficient logistics network between our NJ and CR facility.
- Uses the skill matrix to continuously develop employees, systems, and processes.
- Establishes continual employee specific cross-training to achieve flexibility between the different areas.
- Collaborates with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as manufacturing, supply chain planning or sales.
- Ensures the achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, and/or timeliness objectives (department KPIs).
- Resolves problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues.
- Plans or implements improvements to internal or external logistics systems or processes.
- Monitors product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements.
- Elaborates and manages improvement projects within the logistics area.
- Identifies, leads and monitors, change management topics.
- All other relevant duties as assigned.
- Must have the physical and mental abilities needed to perform all essential tasks listed; reasonable accommodations may be made to help the job holder perform essential tasks.
- Must be able to work and respond well under sometimes stressful and demanding work conditions.
We very much hope that you are interested in the vacancy and we look forward to receiving your completed application.Nancy Bordick,