About the Manufacturing & Stores Technician role
Your role will involve assembly, inspection, and test of micro-components in a cleanroom environment to perform data analysis of the precision manufactured parts for the development of concepts and prototypes. In addition to determining pass, fail or rework approach. You will also conduct goods in receipt, stock management, materials kitting for production orders, packing, and shipping of parts and finished goods, data entry and control through internal company systems. Engage in key Product and Process related projects in support of driving a Lean Manufacturing culture.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Test products or subassemblies for function or quality.
- Troubleshoot problems with equipment, devices, or products.
- Build product sub-assemblies or final products.
- Prepare and assemble materials.
- Set up and operate production equipment.
- Assist Engineers in developing, building, and testing of prototypes, new products, processes, or procedures.
- Calibrate or adjust equipment to ensure quality production using tools, for example, callipers, micrometres, gauges.
- Inspect finished goods for quality and adherence to company and customer specifications.
- Manage and keep up to date production logs and tracking documentation and systems.
- Support Logistics team in management of incoming goods, inventory management of materials, package finished goods include management of data input to Logistics management systems.
- Participate in planning and scheduling and manage time to meet agreed on time delivery
- Develop, prepare, and create production documents. For example, Standard Work Instructions, Batch records, inventory reports, productivity reports.
- Provide production progress or changeover reports to supervisors.
- Setup and verify the functionality of safety equipment.
- Adhere to all applicable regulations, policies and procedures for Health and Safety and Environment compliance
- Manage work area to agreed 5S standards
- Participate in and drive Lean practices including identification, investigation, and implementation of organisation programmes and projects
To be successful, you’ll need to have:
- Attention to detail and an awareness of Health & Safety practices are key to this role
- Evidence of strong practical skills is essential
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of processes and the ability to implement those.
- Able to interpret engineering proposals and liaise with other disciplines
- Able to follow work instructions
- Create work instructions, if required
- Capable of working efficiently with minimal supervision
- An excellent team player who can positively influence the team; being able to contribute ideas to improve process times, quality, and yield
- Familiar with using Microsoft Excel, SAP and MES systems for data entry