Main purpose, tasks & responsibilities
Provide dynamic leadership to achieve and exceed HUBER+SUHNER’s revenue goals in the Americas. Play a central role in expanding the Company’s reputation and presence in existing markets as well as directing strategies for development of significant new channels in the A&D Market.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Drive organization to meet and surpass current objectives, including careful and innovative management of day-to-day sales activities, strategy planning, coaching, counselling and training.
- Create disciplined sales infrastructure, demonstrating solid understanding of general management “best practices.”
- Provides leadership, direction and development programs for relevant sales personnel under direct supervision.
- Develop coordinated business, sales and product plans with the A&D Segment.
- Coordinate all sales activities in the field, including communication with key personnel (including FAEs,KAMS and RAMs).
- In conjunction with Company DoA (Delegation of Authority), leads negotiation of key contracts at major accounts.
- Prepare business reviews for quarterly meetings with management team, covering budget forecasts, strategic goals and objectives, action plans and progress reports.
- Create sales volume and revenue forecasts. Develop strategies to exceed sales goals, including trend analysis and action plans with key focus on targeted accounts.
- Manage sales incentive programs designed to maximize growth and profitability. Motivate RAMs to exceed expectations.
- Plan and execute customer retention and development strategy programs to guarantee retention of profitable business.
- Build on existing and create new product-specific value propositions for the industry through a sophisticated grasp of HUBER+SUHNER technology.
- Establish sales training and development goals. Coordinate with HR department to ensure efficient implementation of processes and programs.
- Participate in the development of territory sales plans that are aligned with the Industry Segment Business plans.
- Making sure that plans, budget and business are aligned and take appropriate measures to ensure that the department is delivering in accordance with the approved targets and management guidance.
- Adhere to all regulations and guidelines contained in the Global Management System.
- Manage the sale team usage of Salesforce and other sales tools.
Education, skills, personal qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or related field. Advanced degree or MBA preferable.
- Five to ten years of proven sales experience in an established, high-growth company characterized by strong customer satisfaction values.
- Significant track record of accomplishments in technology-related sales, to include electrical / RF industry.
- Demonstrated ability to build and nurture executive management relationships and work effectively with other company business units, both regionally and globally.
- Success in dealing intimately with customers (negotiations, problem-solving). Strong closer.
- Senior leadership skills with respect to technical acumen, team management, fairness, thoroughness and accuracy.
- Familiarity with finance and legal functions.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. Articulate speaker and writer.
- Strong leader who earns respect of peers and employees.
- Decisive problem-solver who is capable of assessing people and situations with accuracy.
- Ability to travel, up to 50%, as required in support of position objectives.
Must have the physical and mental abilities needed to perform all essential tasks listed; reasonable accommodation may be made to help the job holder perform essential tasks. Must be able to work and respond well under sometimes stressful and demanding work conditions. Must be prepared to spend 75% of working time face to face with customers.