About the Senior Mechanical Engineer
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will work as part of the mechanical engineering team to deliver the practical embodiment of the Group’s WSS systems, covering the complete range from switch architecture concepts to detailed component design and transfer to manufacture.
Your duties will include:
- Conceptual mechanical design
- Detailed component specification
- Coordinating with suppliers
- Experimental verification or component validation
- Transfer to manufacture
- Other related tasks as assigned.
To be successful you will need:
- A strong undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering or a related subject. A master’s or PhD in mechanical engineering or a related subject would be advantageous.
- Experience in academic or industrial roles, including graduate study where relevant.
- Experience designing bespoke components for a variety of fabrication processes, including CNC machining and additive manufacturing.
- Experience with mechanical systems requiring a high degree of alignment precision.
- Analytic and numerical structural analysis skills
- Skilled in materials selection.
- Athermalisation and mechanical isolation skills
- 3D CAD (preferably Solidworks).
- Familiarity with laser-based photonic systems, and the optical alignment thereof. Alternatively, the familiarity with automated or semi-automated assembly techniques is an advantage.
- Experience with optomechanics, micromechanics, MEMS fabrication or a related field would be desirable.
- Audited quality management experience would also be advantageous.