About the Manufacturing Technician
Your role will involve assembly, inspection, and test of micro-components in a cleanroom environment to perform data analysis of the precision manufactured parts for the development of concepts and prototypes. In addition to determining pass, fail or rework approach. You will also work in the development and creation of manufacturing standards and associated documentation and engage in key Product and Process related projects in support of driving a Lean Manufacturing Culture.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Test products or subassemblies for function or quality, and troubleshoot problems with equipment, devices, or products
- Build product sub-assemblies or final products
- Monitor and adjust production processes or equipment for quality and productivity
- Prepare and assemble materials
- Assist Engineers in developing, building, and testing of prototypes, new products, processes, or procedures
- Calibrate or adjust equipment to ensure quality production using tools, for example, callipers, micrometres, gauges.
- Inspect finished goods for quality and adherence to company and customer specifications
- Including data management in SAP, stock management and control, kitting components, and material for production orders. Manage internal material transfer requests.
- Package finished goods including SAP works order management closure and processing
- Participate in planning and scheduling and manage time to meet agreed on time delivery
- Develop, prepare, and create production documents. For example, Standard Work Instructions, Batch records, inventory reports, productivity reports
- Adhere to all applicable regulations, policies and procedures for Health and Safety and Environment compliance
- Participate in and drive Lean practices including identification, investigation, and implementation of organisation programmes and projects
- Communication with peers, Engineers, management team and cross functional departments, providing advice and training where required
To be successful, you will need:
- Attention to detail and an awareness of Health & Safety practices, as they are key to this role
- Evidence of strong practical skills is essential
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of, and implement, processes
- Able to interpret engineering proposals and liaise with other disciplines
- Able to follow work instructions & create work instructions, if required.
- Capable of working efficiently with minimal supervision
- An excellent team player who can positively influence the team; being able to contribute ideas to improve process times, quality, and yield
- Familiar with using Microsoft Excel, or MES systems for data entry