Responsible for developing a complete knowledge of assigned accounts and competitors in given territory. Responsible for developing close relationships with decision makers at those accounts deemed strategic. Responsible for making all accounts in a given territory aware of H+S and our capabilities. Responsible for a complete commercial and technical understanding of our entire product portfolio and fluency in our respective value propositions. Responsible for implementing the respective sales strategy.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Identify customer needs and key criteria. Persuading customers that our products will best satisfy their needs in terms of quality, price and delivery.
- Tie customers with supply contracts.
- Ensure that HUBER+SUHNER is always appropriately represented at the customer.
- Prepare and submit customer quotations and negotiate deals.
- Continuously acquire market information. Always ensure that customer data is available to all colleagues and in the relevant systems in H+S. Gain, provide and share relevant customer and market information within the HUBER+SUHNER group.
- Search for new customers that could benefit from HUBER+SUHNER products.
- Perform technical presentations to customers and taking part on trade shows.
- Meet or exceed sales objectives and gross margins as budgeted in the annual business plan for the assigned area.
- Assign 75% of your time to the assigned strategic accounts. Keeping key focus on the tasks set out in your objectives. At all times maximizing your time in front of the customer.
- Negotiating and executing contracts, T & C’s and Liability Agreements with designated customer base within assigned geographic area. At all times following the set “Delegation of Authority.”
- Establish close working relationship with other Regions and ensure the most effective sales channels to reach our customers are being used to maximize market penetration. ( Direct, Manufacturer Representatives, Distribution )
- Determine necessary product portfolio required to meet all of the customer’s needs. Penetrating the accounts with our chosen product solutions. Keeping the factory, sales directors, and FAEs’ aware of the requirements and our ability to serve them.
- Coordinate all significant area activity. Communicate this activity with all key Company personnel, Distributors and Manufacturers Representatives, as required. Using the CRM database as instructed at all times.
- Actively manage Manufacturers Representatives to ensure execution of the company’s business plan. Provide guidance with account direction and product selection. Manage commissions and conduct quarterly reviews.
- Prepare area business reports for your manager monthly. Include budget, forecast, performance against strategic goals, capture rates on quotes and samples, objectives and action plans.
- Monitor the activity of your competitors and include a summary in your monthly reports. Keep your manager and product managers aware of any significant actions you become aware of that are, or could in the future change our strategy at a given customer.
- Submit yearly strategic account plan including TAM, SAM, customer and competitive profiles.
- Manage expense budget for your area, at all times working within the guidelines of the set company expense, entertainment and travel policy.
- Review with your manager each Qtr your progress against set objectives and budgets.
- Adhere to all regulations and guidelines contained in the Global Management System.
- Ability to travel >50% of the time.
- BA or BSEE, or equivalent experience.
- Proven industry and product knowledge gained from a minimum 5 years selling experience of similar products OR 10 years sales experience in the industry and region, particularly focused on RF products.
- Technically proficient.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good organizational skills.
- Training in Professional selling skills.
- Competent presentation skills.
- Multi-tasked oriented.
- First Class presentation and professional appearance.
- Ability to travel, up to 75%, as required to support position objectives.
Must have the physical and mental abilities needed to perform all essential tasks listed; reasonable accommodations may be made to help the job holder perform essential tasks. Must be able to work and respond well under sometimes stressful and demanding work conditions. Must be prepared to spend 75% of working time face to face with customers.