The Canadian Sales Engineer will assume the lead role as technical sales interface supporting Communication Segment accounts in Canada as well as those technical activities of the Canadian Sales Manager with his/her strategic accounts. Candidate will also be account lead handling defined list of strategic accounts separate from Canadian Sales Manager. This includes but is not limited to interfacing with end customers, integrators, distributors, general contractors and partners. Strong emphasis will be placed on increased design-in presence at the key carrier wireline (preferred) and wireless side of the businesses. The position will work independently in developing and growing assigned key accounts as primary sales lead while also serving as the technical interface across the country to all assigned customers in the region and supporting Canadian Sales Manager. As technical interface the position will be responsible for handling all inquiries (Layer 1) but will be capable of technically addressing other H+S solutions beyond RF and FO connectivity including optical switching (Polatis) and WDM/CWDM (Cube Optic) and Timing (Inwave) applications.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Strong technical competence in the area of fiber optic and radio frequency solutions capable of identifying opportunities that fit strategic target markets and products.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of cellular / 5G network infrastructure key building blocks and designs with strong legacy background coming from the wireline and wireless infrastructure communication networks.
- Strong background and high level of expertise on optical fiber, radio frequency connectivity and cable products as it pertains to wireline and wireless infrastructure.
- Ability to technically engage and sell solutions that align with strategic customer requirements. Support on site any technical issues post sale and proactively trouble shoot and solve and network issues.
- Recommend appropriate H+S solutions to customers in an early development phase.
- To build and provide a revenue stream by converting design in opportunities into sustainable business for HUBER+SUHNER.
- Develop close relationships with key decision makers at those accounts deemed strategic.
- Provide product development feed back to the appropriate Market and Product Management team as necessary
- Provide customer assistance on applications, specifications and on quality matters as necessary.
- Technical liaison between assigned customer base, H+S Inc. and other H+S group members for all products.
- Provide technical input into the product development process.
- Support market analysis on new products, new markets and developments in the industry.
- Identify, present, and promote new products.
- Supports Company and product promotions at exhibitions.
- Perform customer and sales training on H+S capabilities, products and respective techniques.
- Assist in developing market collateral for specific applications.
- Extensive experience in fiber optic (layer 1) cable and component installation best practices and design. Radio Frequency products knowledge beneficial.
- Knowledge of communication network design criteria a plus while understanding other facets of the network including optical switching, transceivers, WDM/CWDM, timing, synchronization a bonus.
- Recommend appropriate H+S solutions to customers in an early development phase translating a customer need into H+S solutions.
- Adhere to all regulations and guidelines contained in the Global Management System.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Required.
- 7-10 years relevant industry experience handling technical sales accounts.
- Solid track record of success in design and development experience; Minimum 5+ years of experience with passive or active optical technologies. Radio Frequency (RF) solutions is a plus.
Day to day Responsibilities
- Strong organizational, leadership and project management skills.
- Self-starter who is driven to succeed and is excited by results based performance management with minimal task related guidance.
- Highly effective written, oral and presentation communication skills; ability to present to groups of up to 30 people.
- Ability to plan and track project deliverables from a “high level” guidance.
- Close coordination and engagement with corporate product management and R&D.
- Ability to quickly assimilate technical and commercial data from multiple sources and to consolidate these into a comprehensive technical position.
- Excellent understanding of the base technology and emerging (5G) trends and architecture in the passive and active infrastructure space and how it relates to the present and future architectures and deployment methodologies.
- Significant track record of accomplishments in wireless carrier technology development
- Strong understanding of industry standards for network infrastructure, enterprise, campus, backbone, edge computing, and telco type applications and typographies
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills. Hands-on work ethic.
- Respond to internal/external customer inquiries
- Support departmental objectives
- Participate on project teams as required, typically in support of product development / roadmap
- Support post sales activities and assigned products
- Proactive, self-motivating with a good grasp of key business drivers.
- Ability to travel, up to 40%, as required in support of position objectives.
- Valid Driving license for the region and clean driving record.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, sales oriented environment.
- Self-motivated and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Acute customer focus.
- Ability to calculate pricing and provide customer proposition.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to perform problem analysis and problem resolution.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a remote team.
Must have the physical and mental abilities needed to perform all essential tasks listed; reasonable accommodations may be made to help the job holder perform essential tasks. Must be able to work and respond well under sometimes stressful and demanding work conditions.
This is a remote position, desired location is Toronto, Canada